Wednesday, July 23, 2014

COMICS ARE NO FUN

I hope my FB friend, Al, won't mind, but I am quoting myself from a little "talk" we had today:

I like joy, anger, and physical, human feeling in art. In comics, I see that diminished by Spiegelman & Fantagraphics' influence, and am angry about it.

I'm reading some early Tezuka now, and THAT is work I like. Unafraid of being earnest to the point of "uncool".

It's my first time reading his comics at length. They have a sense of fancy and sincerity discouraged in current fare.

I mean, I'm tired of hipsters desolate over their coffee mugs, "above it all".


COPYRIGHT 2014 BY MILTON KNIGHT

3 comments:

nodnarB said...

Tezuka is a great story teller! I especially like dororo and apollo's song.

nodnarB said...

hi milt! I just saw the lessons section on your website. Do you still offer these wonderful sounding lessons? I am very much interested in them!

Milton Knight said...

I am still offering lessons! Contact me at miltonknight@earthlink.net for details. Thanks for your interest!