Friday, June 5, 2020

AT PRESENT

"He's no fun. He probably reads MAUS for laughs."

***

I've been largely ignoring the news, so I didn't know there's a demonstration against police brutality going on right this moment in Bloomington, Indiana. I see one person on Twitter is warning the good citizens to "arm up".  

https://indianapublicmedia.org/news/live-coverage-protestors-rally-against-police-brutality-in-downtown-bloomington.php

The tragic thing is I don't know if people can make up their minds without all this. They're that thick. People don't react until the matters hit home. I sensed that it would take something like Depression and Vietnam level demonstrations to nudge them into awareness. But peaceful is enough. That is, as long as the "good people" let them stay that way. 

No comments: