Wednesday, January 21, 2015

BOOKS & A SONG

Books I got today. Someone sold their Norman Lindsay (see this earlier post) library to the store, to my benefit. He & Richard Lindner (upper left) are two of my inspirations. HOW TO DRAW WITH A LIGHT TOUCH offers, besides fine cartoon art, a lot of genuinely good advice on the psychology and methods behind graphic arts.The Lindsay & Lindner books were priced as reasonably as they get, but this maxes out my credit at this store. I also need room for another shelf!


ADDENDUM: Looking deeper into my Norman Lindsay etchings book, I find its former owner was Frank Kelly Freas, renowned (and fabulous) sci-fi and MAD cover painter.









***

Our song: "You're Gonna Lose Your Gal", a fine, robust playing by Harry Reser's band.



Ta-Ta for Now,
MK.

No comments: