Tuesday, August 25, 2020

JUST WORDS

Throughout history, people have used petulance and false innocence to get away with atrocities, because they don't generally hang pre-schoolers.

***

"He's no fun. He probably reads MAUS for laughs."

***

"How does *that* tickle your testicles??"

***

Anyone notice how THE FLINTSTONES started out poking vicious fun at Hollywood ("Rock Quarry", "Monster from the Tarpits"), and later, after the show's success, co-opted that system in highly positive terms (Ann Margrock, Stony Curtis)? Oh, the humanity.

***

Movies like that are made so the actors can "enjoy themselves" and make $30.000 a week and make me suffer. Why do people even go to them??
It's supporting royalty. I'm not going to contribute so Schnarzenegger can "have a ball" playing Mr. Freeze. I realize that's not all movies, but it's my most grievous memory.

***

"Without another word, he fled to Israel."

***

I stopped at a sandwich counter manned by two youngsters who obviously didn't give a damn. Just as I had made my choice, I noticed a number of flies in the cheese bins. I pointed them out as I turned. Behind me, one called, "HEY...It's a RESTAURANT!!"

***

 

No comments: