Tuesday, May 5, 2020

HERE I COME TO GET WEBBED BY SPIDERS

Completing a commissioned painting from one of my Marvel covers. Too bad I have to turn it 'right side up'.


 ***
One thing about the 1950s Sci-fi films is that they are the most stridently male chauvinistic films of the period. There's always a male scientist saying to a female scientist as he lights his pipe, "Well, I prefer my women in diapers" or the like. They are feminist (female scientists) and rock bottom sexist simultaneously. It's proud & blatant maintenance of the world order.

***
Is something wrong when we consider the likes of BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS and THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE! as movies worthy of studies & box sets? Is it because the media is presently so creatively bankrupt that they look like favorable choices for the intelligent among us?

***

You've seen this before, but the owner took a clearer picture than I ever did.



Best,
Milt

COPYRIGHT 2020 BY MILTON KNIGHT

1 comment:

misterzulu said...

Neat stuff! I'll try to be a more regular visitor...:)