Thursday, May 21, 2020

THOUGHTS AND PICTURE

"Alright, my lad! You will win your Lady Love! But then you must give your soul to Eternal HELLLL-L!!"
"Oh, yeah, I'll do it! The sex will be worth it!!"
"You're really pathetic, you know that?"

***

There is a live TV clip of a Brit comedian, Tommy Cooper, dying onstage that is perpetually posted and deleted online. He is doing a magic act, wearing his trademark fez, and going over well. Then he gets a blank look and collapses. Obviously unprepared, the orchestra goes into finale music, the audience applauds, and they cut to a commercial. I can't help but contemplate "What a lovely death."

***

I hated it when comic people would talk to me about my work with matter-of-fact voices and then drop to hushed, reverent tones when referring to someone else's.

***

"All that maketh not a witch."

***

My inner child has left the building, toting a bindlestick.

***

"This is easier than kicking babies!"

***

Spanky stayed with OUR GANG for ten years (1932-1942), and he seemed to be getting pretty angry by the end. Buckwheat was there for the same number of years (1934-1944, the series' end). He matured to change from his unique baby talk to a standard "yo' sho'" dialect, which I'm sure MGM encouraged.

***



 
 

No comments: