Saturday, November 2, 2013

FIRST THINGS FIRST


DRUNKEN FLAPPER

Howdy, everyone! Welcome to my blog! Here, I'll be sharing samples of my artistic endeavors, news of upcoming projects, and lot of the art, film & music I enjoy.

First things first: I'm having a one-night, one-man show Sunday, Nov. 10, 6-9 pm! I'm hoping everyone in the LA area can come so's I can meet you in person!


FAT WITCH

 
 
ESSENCE OF HUMOR

 


HELLO BOYS



The Brewery Arts Complex
672 S Ave 21, Unit 4
Los Angeles, 90031
We are working to make this a very special event. Bring all the friends you can stand!
I hope you can make it.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1398334840404011/?notif_t=plan_user_invited
 



 
I also wanted to mention my two new comic books, published by The Comix Company:
 

The first is THE LADY IN QUESTION, a reworking of one of the stories from the very first issue! Hearty laffs and mind-bending adventures as Hugo is drawn into Hell, leaving his rescue to Princess Trish! Digest sized, 28 b/w pages with color cover. $4 plus $2.50 postage.
Copies of my original CD-R copies are still available as well; with extra pinups and sketches from the story. Color sleeve, 400 dpi images, just right for viewing on the screen or printing out. $5 plus $2 postage. Contact me at miltonknight@earthlink.net for ordering details!
Some previews (there are more at my website):
 
  
 
 
 
   
 
The second book is BOUGHT and SOLD; OR HOW TO MAKE A CAT SCHIZOPHRENIC, in which Hugo reflects upon his past, and his story is told. Previews below (there are more at my website).
 




This comic is also digest sized, 28 b/w pages with color covers. $4 plus $2.50 postage. Contact me at  miltonknight@earthlink.net for ordering details!
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP0zCYKQfb8&feature=share&list=FLx-rxWV1D8RxuHgexsrda1g
 


And, lest this blog comes across as a big advertisement, a pair of cartoons: The first, an animated sequence by the Wan Brothers from a 1930s Chinese feature, in which Eastern and Western cartoon aesthetics come together in a blend (or blenda).
Recreation of the Wan Brothers' studio office in The Shanghai Animation & Comics Museum
The figures 'throb' with life and remind me of the American animation of "Vet" Anderson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP0zCYKQfb8&feature=share&list=FLx-rxWV1D8RxuHgexsrda1g

 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF253eGu-oc&feature=share&list=FLx-rxWV1D8RxuHgexsrda1g
The Mutt & Jeff silent cartoons have long been some of my favorites. Here, a nitrate print of a  from the 1920s, long considered "lost". Energetic. to say the least! Stuffed with gags and wonderful animation by Dick Heumer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF253eGu-oc&feature=share&list=FLx-rxWV1D8RxuHgexsrda1g
There'll be more soon! Bye-bye for now, pallys. 'Til we meet again...
MK

 

No comments: